Re: octave forge repo issues

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: octave forge repo issues
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 20:49:29 -0400

On 1/14/19 7:33 PM, John Donoghue wrote:

I guess a FYI

I had a ticket in to source forge for the arduino repo being broken yesterday and got a reply back of the following:

From https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/18932/:

Hello,

Files in the Octave arduino, control, statistics, video, and zeromq repos were damaged and are unrepairable. To get the repositories going again with all the correct files and metadata, we have moved the repos aside as a backup copy, and put a clean empty repo in their place. Please run hg push in your local checkouts of each of those repos and it should push everything up and be all set. If you don't have checkouts of all those repos, other developers of the project will need to do the hg push. Let us know if we should reach out to help coordinate that, or if you encounter any further issues.

Sincerely,

SourceForge Support

I've been actively working on arduino and zeromq, and I believe I was the last push up on statistics, so will push those.

Video, and control will have to be someone else.

Another FYI from sourceforge

https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/19194/

For the database pkg repo:

"Looks like this repo suffered from a file corruption issue back in early January but wasn't noticed then. I've restored an older backup we have into its place, and verified it is good. If you or another developer has more recent commits, please do an hg push in the local database repo to push them up to the server"

And:

... checked all the other octave repositories, running hg verify in each. The secs and stk repositories also had this issue. They didn't have an error when browsing them on the web, but the repository was not fully complete. So I also set those aside and moved backups into their place. The backups of those are also fairly old, so they also need hg push to push up commits they are missing.