Re: Sponsored invitation to Snapcraft Summit Montreal, June 2019

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Sponsored invitation to Snapcraft Summit Montreal, June 2019
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 09:39:53 -0400

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 8:56 AM Igor Ljubuncic <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm Igor, I work on the Snapcraft team at Canonical.

This may sound a little weird ... Long story short, we want to invite you over for a summit, to work with us creating an Octave snap.

We value and appreciate the contribution and importance of Octave in the scientific community. As a (former) physicist myself, I've used Octave on many occasions in my professional career, and I have a personal soft spot for it.

Summit wise, we are running a Snapcraft Summit, taking place in downtown Montreal, Canada from June 11th to 13th 2019. It is a software workshop attended by major software vendors and hosted by Snapcraft and Travis CI engineers.

If this sounds interesting, we can then discuss details, and I can send you over some more information, including some big words why this would be a really nice effort :)

Cheers,
Igor

What would the person from octave group need to know, in order to help?
what would be expected of him/her?

--
DASCertificate for 206392