Heisenbug on Windows with current dev sources

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Heisenbug on Windows with current dev sources
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 12:00:44 -0400

I built 2e364bd8efb5 for Windows using the mxe-octave configure options

  --enable-octave=default
  --enable-binary-packages
  --enable-devel-tools
  --enable-qt5
  --disable-system-opengl
  --enable-windows-64
  --enable-64

and Octave is exiting unexpectedly when executing __run_test_suite__. I tried running Octave under gdb and there is no failure. Looking at the fntests.log file, the last reported test is ...\fixed\publish\publish.tst. All tests in that file pass if I cd to the ...\fixed\publish directory and execute "test publish.tst". The next test should be ...\fixed\args.tst and I see no failures when running tests for that file either.

Running on a Linux system with ASAN doesn't show any corrupted memory issues.

Can anyone else building Octave for Windows duplicate the issue I see with __run_test_suite__ exiting unexpectedly? If so, do you see any clues about what is happening?

Any ideas about how to debug this problem?