Re: try/catch not swallowing errors

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: try/catch not swallowing errors
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 15:45:39 +0200

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 08:38:11AM -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 4/14/19 12:47 AM, Daniel Kraft wrote:
> > On 14.04.19 06:13, Rik wrote:
> > > It must be something else in either the parallel or the struct package.

It's something within the parallel package, and it affects the optim
and database packages as well.

In my attempts to stay compatible with different ways of Octave
versions to handle errors, I somehow came to use, among others, a
function which directly writes to standard error. I just didn't think
of 'lasterror' and 'try/catch'...

I had never noticed the issue, but it was probably already present in
previous versions of the said packages, with Octave versions <5.1. Do
you think we should stop the pending releases of optim and database
until the issue is fixed?

Olaf