Standard example datasets

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Standard example datasets
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 16:01:56 -0400

Hi, Octave maintainers,

Some other statistical programs ship with standard example datasets and
methods to load or explore them. Does Octave have something like this?

For example, R ships with a bunch of example datasets in its "datasets"
package, and you can view a list of them by doing `data()`. And Matlab
ships with a bazillion example datasets that seem to all be just MAT
files in its source code root directories, that you can access with
load, like `load patients`.

Use case: I'm working on table stuff, and would like to add some example
tabular datasets in my package. Wondering if there's a standard
mechanism I should integrate with.

Cheers,
Andrew