how to make mexbiosig work on mxe-octave

From: Alois Schlögl
Subject: how to make mexbiosig work on mxe-octave
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 01:20:49 +0200

Dear maintainers of MXE-OCTAVE,

mexbiosig [1] is a mex-file for loading about 50 different Biosig data formats [2] into octave. mexbiosig can than be installed in octave with

    pkg install mexbiosig-X.Y.Z.src.tar.gz

but requires that  libbiosig [1] is available on the host platform. libbiosig for windows can be compiled with mxe [3,4,5]. I tried to compile libbiosig within mxe-octave. However, this was not successful (I just copied src/libbiosig.mk from [5] into a recent mxe-octave directory and tried to run "make libbiosig" in the same way as I used to this mxe. It fails with the message "make: *** No rule to make target 'libbiosig'.  Stop."

Therefore, I'm asking:

1) how to compile libbiosig within mxe-octave ? What do I miss here ?

2) would you consider including libbiosig into the official mxe-octave repository ? What is needed to include this in Octave for windows ?

The procedure to install mexbiosig in Octave is working fine on  Linux and macOS through homebrew. It would be great if mexbiosig could be also provided to Octave users on Windows. Could you help me with that ?

Best regards,

  Alois

[1] http://biosig.sourceforge.net/download.html

[2] http://pub.ist.ac.at/~schloegl/biosig/TESTED