Re: Formally stepping down as maintainer for "ga" package

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Formally stepping down as maintainer for "ga" package
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 20:26:19 +0200

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 01:36:44PM -0400, JohnD wrote:
> > Message: 3
> > Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 16:28:02 +0200
> > From: Olaf Till <address@hidden>
> > To: Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden>
> > Cc: Luca Favatella <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> > Subject: Re: Formally stepping down as maintainer for "ga" package
> >
> > On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 11:35:45PM +0200, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

> > > Dear Luca,
> > >
> > > Thank you for sharing your "ga" package with us.  It is likely, that
> your
> > > request of being removed from the OF-website gets lost on this
> > > mailing-list.  I am not involved into OF yet, but if you are one of the
> > > members [1], you might be able to create a ticket [2] so your request is
> > > not forgotten.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Kai
> > >
> > > [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/_members/
> > > [2] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/
> >
> > Well, I've set the package to 'unmaintained' now... There were a few
> > commits since the last release (2012), but no release. If anyone has a
> > good reason to object to the change, I'll revert it.
> >
> > Luca, this means that no link to this package is listed anymore by our
> > website. However, as for the other unmaintained packages, the packages
> > index page can still be reached by its URL. I wouldn't change the
> > index page, since it truely states that you had been the maintainer of
> > this (old) release. If this should be a problem for you, there is the
> > possibility to remove the packages index page entirely (if nobody
> > objects to it for some good reason).
> >
> > Olaf
>

> I'll willing to at least maintain the package.
>
> I looks like the last commit was from me anyway.
>
> Taking a quick look at the issue tracker, I see one bug with a patch
> included

Ok, very nice -- but since Luca seems to prefer not to have the
package listed as long as he is named as the maintainer, I'd suggest
that we leave the packages status set to 'unmaintained' until a new
release is made (with either you or Octave-Forge community as the
maintainer, whatever you think is suitable). Is that ok for you?

Olaf