Re: I created my own license, it should be compatible with GPL, please v

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: I created my own license, it should be compatible with GPL, please verify.
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 17:06:31 -0700

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 01:24:21 +0200, GoSim GoSim wrote:
> Do you accept this license?

Please don't create your own software license. There are more than
enough to choose from already.

 - https://choosealicense.com/

Why not?

 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/License_proliferation
 - https://opensource.org/proliferation-report
 - https://dwheeler.com/blog/2008/08/20/
 -
https://opensource.googleblog.com/2008/05/standing-against-license-proliferation.html

If you insist on defining your own license, then please don't ask the
Octave community for a general legal opinion. This is completely out of
scope here, you are asking the wrong audience. Talk to the people at the
FSF Licensing team [1], the Open Source Initiative [2], and/or the
Debian Legal mailing list [3].

[1]: https://www.fsf.org/licensing/
[2]: https://opensource.org/approval
[3]: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianLegal