Re: Thoughts about a different approach to the GUI terminal widget

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Thoughts about a different approach to the GUI terminal widget
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 18:56:06 -0400

On 5/29/19 6:42 PM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

There are so many items addressed in your email, I think we can manage
and discuss all your ideas better in the wiki:

    https://wiki.octave.org/GUI_terminal_widget

Do you agree?

I know there are a lot of issues to think about. I'm not sure whether a wiki is best for discussion, but we can try it.

I think in your repo some file "calc.mk" is missing?

The calc.mk file is not included because it is generated from calc.pro by qmake. The following works for me:

  qmake calc.pro
  make

If parser.cpp is missing when you run qmake you'll get a warning about it, but it is safe to ignore. There may be better ways to handle files generated by bison with qmake but I wanted to keep things simple and this worked well enough for me.