Re: MXE build: downloading cfitsio3450.tar.gz fails

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: MXE build: downloading cfitsio3450.tar.gz fails
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 13:59:22 +0200

Am 10. Oktober 2019 um 07:06 Uhr schrieb "Torsten Lilge":
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to setup the mxe environment for mxe-octave but "make zip-
> dist" fails due to error 404 when downloading
> http://agora.octave.org/mxe-pkg-src/cfitsio3450.tar.gz.
> What is the correct file to download instead?
>
> Torsten

IIRC, this is the fall back URL that is used in case the original URL cannot be
reached.

I tried the original FTP URL in my browser and was asked to enter my user
credentials:
 ftp://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/software/fitsio/c/cfitsio3450.tar.gz

The following HTTPS URL seems to work without identification:
 https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/FTP/software/fitsio/c/cfitsio3450.tar.gz

Maybe we want to change the URL in cfitsio.mk?

I vaguely remember having read that the buildbots would fill the fall back
cache.
But I am not sure at all how that works and how those copies are supposed to be
reachable.

Markus