Re: Unauthorized Octave package taking over

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Unauthorized Octave package taking over
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 19:05:04 +0100

On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 04:45:39PM -0500, John Donoghue wrote:
> I'm fine with not maintaining this code, and was only planning on doing so
> as it had appeared from contact attempt starting10 months ago that no one
> was  maintaining.
>
> Being accused of stealing code and ownership of the package was hardly a
> good start to any partnership, so it may take me a little while for me to
> to get over that before working on any additional code for this package.
> And there are other packages in need of maintenance that I can work on.

I can understand this and I would probably feel the same in that
place. And you already have much to do due to your involvement with
many packages. Yet it is sad. There was an interest and a will to keep
this package in a good state, and first non-responsiveness (for
whatever reason), than an inadequate reaction of the original
maintainer made an end to it. We'll see what will happen to the
package now, and if it can be left at Octave Forge at all.

Olaf