Re: GSoD for 2020

From: PRUBHTEJ SINGH
Subject: Re: GSoD for 2020
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 18:20:26 +0530

Greetings
Initially, I would like to elaborate the introduction part on GNU Octave's main page, which I find does not explain some features as well as its comparison with Matlab in brief so as to attract user attention to the Wiki as my first step .
Hope to hear from you soon
Regards
Prubhtej Singh

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 5:41 PM Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden> wrote:
On 4/17/20 1:26 PM, PRUBHTEJ SINGH wrote:
> Greetings
> Yesterday, I had gone through the octave documentation. One of the
> options that I can start with is to flesh out the wiki for GNU Octave.
> Hoping to hear from you soon.
> Regards
> Prubhtej Singh

You are always welcome to improve the Octave wiki.  If the changes are
not suitable, each wiki has a rollback function, just go ahead ;-)  Just
for curiosity, what do you plan to flesh out there?

https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_-_Getting_Started#Suggested_projects,
>> to list project ideas.
>
> Good suggestion.  I'm too busy right now to manage anything, but I
> support this and will add comments when I can.
>
> --Rik

Agree, Octave's participation in GSoD, next to GSoC, might be worth a
try.  Getting a motivated experienced technical writer (maybe Prubhtej
Singh) for Octave cannot be bad at all.

I start with the wiki [1] this weekend, maybe creating an own short
page, if I carefully read the guidelines [2].  Nir, would you find time
to fill out the organization application form [2] again?  I would like
to be added as admin/mentor, whatever is needed.  If you are not
available, I can also care about this part.

Kai

[1]
https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_-_Getting_Started#Suggested_projects
[2] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/admin-guide