Re: Extending configure.ac to check for C++ header only libraries

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Extending configure.ac to check for C++ header only libraries
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 14:51:24 +0200

Am 22. Mai 2020 um 13:53 Uhr schrieb "Kai Torben Ohlhus"
> Thank you for looking into it Markus.  By using AC_CHECK_HEADERS only,
> we do not get the configure options like
>
>    ./configure --with-rapidjson-includedir=
>
> automatically, right?  Thus, copying the AC_CHECK_HEADERS macro and
> other necessary parts from OCTAVE_CHECK_LIB seems like my second
> suggestion seems more appropriate.

Do we need to have that option for a header-only library?
Wouldn't it be good enough to use something like this if the headers are in a
"non-standard" path:
./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/some/path/to/the/headers --with-rapidjson

If you think that the ...-includir syntax is absolutely necessary, you'd
probably need to go the way you outlined

Markus