Re: [stable build from source] Ubuntu 20.04 scintilla not found

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: [stable build from source] Ubuntu 20.04 scintilla not found
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 13:17:14 +0200

Am 17. Juni 2020 um 12:36 Uhr schrieb "JuanPi":
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 12:11 PM JuanPi <ajuanpi@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am still unable to compile stable, due to configure failing to
> > detect Qscintiilla 2 (current hypothesis). The failing messages in
> > config.log are

I remember having had similar issues after upgrading to 20.04.
I don't remember which exact steps I took to resolve it. But it involved
re-installing a few packages with
sudo apt-get --reinstall install PACKAGE_NAME

My guess back than was that something must have broken the packages during the
upgrade.

Having written that, I'm not exactly sure what apt-get --reinstall involves. So
you might want to backup your configuration files beforehand.

HTH,
Markus