Re: Nabble issues

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Nabble issues
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 17:05:48 -0400

In addition, Nabble's future seems to be uncertain, see:
http://support.nabble.com/The-Future-of-Nabble-td7605923.html

well, not overly surprising.  while gnu.org does maintain a list archive [1] and there is a reply-to button that I assume uses a mailto: link, it doesn't quote or carry over any useful message headers (actually, I don't think the list uses any thread linking headers). So that's sub-optimal, but possibly provides a minimal solution for you.

there was a 'make a forum' discussion last year [2], but it sort of fizzled. when yahoo groups closed shop a number moved over to groups.io.  that acts as a fairly good mailing list / forum bridge.  I've been told that google groups can supposedly serve as a mailing list archive / portal interface. But haven't tried that since a number of mailing lists left it when they changed their operating mode from the old usenet nntp model.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/,
[2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2019-12/msg00144.html