Re: GSoC 2020: jsondecode

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020: jsondecode
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 22:31:06 +0900

On 7/1/20 11:05 PM, Abdallah Elshamy wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I started writing code for jsondecode function [1] in a new branch
> called "json". (Sorry for the late  notification. I thought "watch"
> option for a repo shows those changes *:-)*  )
>
> Right now, the function fails only 6 tests out of 31 tests.
> Specifically, what remains is to decode arrays that contain arrays only.
>
> I have also completed my first evaluation [2].
>
> I am waiting for your feedback and suggestions.
>
> Best regards,
> Abdallah

Abdallah,

Thank you for your updates on your project [3].  You are on time with
your schedule.  Good work for the first evaluation!

As feedback I added an issues to your repository.

For the next evaluation, it would be nice to report about your overall
project progress.  This can for example happen by posting your original
schedule, marking what is done and eventual changes in the completion
dates.  This way all interested developers can see immediately that
things proceed nicely.

In your blog entry, I was really missing a short guide, how I can
compile and test your jsondecode.cc function.  Can you write another
blog entry how to do this?

In general you treat jsondecode.cc like an external *.oct file, which is
located, but not integrated into Octave's build system.  This approach
is during the development of that function useful.  Later, we discuss
how you integrate that function properly into Octave's build system.

Kai

[1]
https://github.com/Abdallah-Elshamy/octave/blob/json/libinterp/corefcn/jsondecode.cc
[2] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/help/evaluations