Re: "current" URL/link for Octave docs

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: "current" URL/link for Octave docs
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:48:08 -0400

What do you think about making a https://octave.org/doc/current link to
the latest stable version's doco? Then we could link to
latest-and-greatest. And over time, maybe that would acquire enough
googlejuice that it would become the top results for Octave doco
searches, so people would find the current docs when searching?

I'd be all for it.  I remember having a similar conversation last year [1]. would it also be worth somehow marking the old ones as an 'archive' or something with a link to 'current'?

[1] https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/octave-help-links-from-google-tp4693772.html