Re: [mxe] stable build from source

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: [mxe] stable build from source
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 19:52:05 +0200

Am 14. Juli 2020 um 18:01 Uhr schrieb "Stefan Pofahl":
> Is there anyone who succeeded building an octave-stable during the last week?

The buildbots are running build jobs for MXE Octave continuously and they seem
to be doing fine:
http://buildbot.octave.org:8010/#/waterfall

> I have now tried to compile it for more than a week, for at least 7 times.
> I tried both, new clone and removal of the old make folder and update clone
> and clean
> make folder.
> It always stops after or during the compilation of "libbiosig", attached you
> can find the log-file.

I can't see any error in the log file you attached. libbiosig seems to compile
correctly for you.

> Here is what I do:
> 1.) clone repository or update
> hg clone https://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave[https://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave]
>
> or
> hg -v pullhg -v update
>
> 2.) build ./configure
> ./bootstrap
>

> 3.) Clean Build Directory, if makefile exist inside the build-folder
> make clean
>

> 4.) Generate Makefile inside of build directory
> /home/mylogin/hg/mxe-octave/configure --enable-devel-tools
> \--enable-windows-64 \--enable-octave=stable \--enable-binary-packages
> \--with-ccache \--with-pkg-dir=/home/mylogin/builds/octave_pkg
>
> 4.) Compile Octave-stable inside the build directory
> make all 7z-dist JOBS=4 --trace --keep-going
>
> Any recommendations?

Running "make clean" after bootstraping seems strange. That probably
effectively reverts what the bootstrap script was doing.

Markus