Re: No response of Octave GUI (MacOS Big Sur)

From: chechugarriga
Subject: Re: No response of Octave GUI (MacOS Big Sur)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 18:40:43 +0100

Good evening for everyone.

On Big Sur is working.
As was pointed out qt5-base on release 5.14 is failling on big sur , but the next git revision pending to apply, brings 5.15 and is working.

Macports version of Octave of the revision 5.2.0 is working fine, the X11 crash can be by-passed if you are launching as root or #sudo octave —force-gui.
By the way, is easy to ask for fixes, hope that when there are requests for your logs and feedback you will get on it.

Be safe, sincerely yours.