Re: GSOC 2021 Idea Discussion

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: GSOC 2021 Idea Discussion
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 00:29:10 +0900

On 3/18/21 5:18 PM, Atharva Dubey wrote:
Hello all,
I am Atharva Dubey and have been using octave for a while now. A quick introduction about me, technically, I am quite familiar and well versed in the field of machine learning algorithms.  I am also a parallel computing enthusiast and have worked OpenMP, SYCL and a little bit of CUDA as well and I am proficient with C++ as well as Python.

For GSoC 2021, I propose a machine learning library with hardware acceleration support, for a variety of devices, let it be AMD GPUs, FPGAs ASICs etc., etc and I propose this using SYCL. I have already started on it(it is not quite ready yet) and you could find it here - https://github.com/AD2605/SYCML <https://github.com/AD2605/SYCML>

please let me know your feedback and whether it a good plan and how to proceed with it.

Thanks and Regards

Dear Atharva Dubey,

Thank you for your interest and your project suggestion. Looking at your Github "SYCML" project, I do not see a clear relation to Octave. How does your library in earliest development stage fit in this picture?

Best wishes,
Kai