Re: TIFF Image Support Project GSOC

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: TIFF Image Support Project GSOC
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 13:59:56 -0400

> There isn't really code to start with.  The main point of this project
> is to create a Matlab compatible Tiff class [1] and there isn't one in
> Octave yet.

I'm sure we note this somewhere in the Developer guidelines, but probably worth a reminder when working on creating Matlab compatible code:  Please limit your inspection of Matlab function requirements to publicly accessible documentation.  Examining Matlab interpreter/graphical output from test scripts is acceptable for comparison (and focused requests for this can be made to the group if you do not have matlab access.) But even if you have legal access to the software, at no point during development should you even look at any of the underlying Matlab function code. Doing so can render your contributions completely unusable by Octave.

@David - are there any similar existing wrappers/class implementations worth pointing out in particular as a reference?