Re: TIFF Image Support Project GSOC

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: TIFF Image Support Project GSOC
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 01:52:26 -0400

On 3/28/21 7:27 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:

This whole having multiple __dunder__ functions which are then called
from almost single line m files seems a bit silly.  I think it would
be cleaner to do it all in C++.  Is there a way to add a class to
Octave from an oct file only?

Since a classdef object is just a special type of octave_value object internally, then yes, it should definitely be possible to define a built-in classdef class but as far as I know, we don't currently have any examples for how to do it. As the tiff object is not the only one that we will likely want to define this way, we should probably try to define an interface that makes this job easy.