Re: Seeking help in Octave C++ API

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Seeking help in Octave C++ API
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2021 09:46:42 +0000

> Il giorno 5 apr 2021, alle ore 11:28, Emil M. Oanta <eoanta@yahoo.com> ha
> scritto:
>
> Hello Carlo,
>
> You may find here the solutions studied by me:
> https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/591/1/012061/pdf
>
> Regards,
>
> Emil

Dear Emil,

Your paper seems to provide examples for embedding Octave 4.2.x in C++
applications,
but the API has changed since then and the examples in the manual that I linked
to are
more up-to-date.

On the other hand, form the abstract, it seems that broader topic of your paper
is about
building complex applications by patching together pieces of custom c++ code,
Octave libraries
and commercial CAD applications.

An important topic when discussing this subject would be to clarify the legal
aspects,
as anything that links to Octave libraries qualifies as "derived work" of
Octave and should
therefore be released under the GNU GPL v3 license.

I think it would make sense to clarify how you expect software built with the
approach you
propose to comply with the above requirement of the Octave license ...

c.