Re: How to get started with contribution.

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: How to get started with contribution.
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 11:34:52 -0500

On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 9:50 AM Karishma Upreti <karishmaupreti100@gmail.com> wrote:

could you please tell me how to get started?

As the banner at the bottom states, most discussion is now taking place over at the Octave Discourse group.  There you will see several other similar requests on how to get involved. I would point you to this discussion:
https://octave.discourse.group/t/how-to-get-started-with-contributions/3787

and these pages on our Wiki:
https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_-_Getting_Started
https://wiki.octave.org/Developer_FAQ

(Can't help but notice the similarity of the inquiry request text and phrasing.  Is the university putting out a request template?)

We are transitioning to a web based forum
for maintainer discussions at
https://octave.discourse.group/c/maintainers