openexr-announce

[Openexr-announce] OpenEXR 1.2.2 released

From: Drew Hess
Subject: [Openexr-announce] OpenEXR 1.2.2 released
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:27:59 -0800

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of OpenEXR 1.2.2.  This is a
relatively minor update to the project, with the following changes:

Version 1.2.2:
    - New build system for Windows; support for DLLs.
    - Imath: Removed TMatrix<T> classes; these classes are still
      under development and are too difficult to keep in sync
      with OpenEXR CVS.
    - IlmImf: support for image layers in ChannelList.
    - IlmImf: added isComplete() method to file classes to check
      whether a file is complete.
    - IlmImf: exposed staticInitialize() in ImfHeader.h in
      order to allow thread-safe library initialization in
      multithreaded applications.
    - IlmImf: New "time code" standard attribute.
    - exrdisplay: support for displaying wrap-around texture map
      images.
    - exrmaketiled: can now specify wrap mode.
    - IlmImf: New "wrapmodes" standard attribute to indicate
      extrapolation mode for mipmaps and ripmaps.
    - IlmImf: New "key code" standard attribute to identify motion
      picture film frames.

The source tarball is now available for download at the following URL:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/openexr/OpenEXR-1.2.2.tar.gz

I'll also post precompiled binary versions for Win32 and OS X later
today.

Special thanks to Nick Porcino of LucasArts on this release; he
redesigned the Visual Studio projects from scratch so that we can
build DLLs for Win32 now.  Thanks, Nick!

If you have any problems, please report them to me.

thanks