palito-dev

[palito-dev] Mandatory annual Palito list-prodding ritual

From: Tom Barnes-Lawrence
Subject: [palito-dev] Mandatory annual Palito list-prodding ritual
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:49:06 +0100

Hi again everyone,
 Yes, I'm afraid it's me again. As some may (or may not) have noticed, I
got reminded of Palito a couple of weeks ago, after noticing in various
ways that some people out on the net were *still* showing interest in it,
and I ended up sorta getting carried away with the Wiki. Mostly removing
the mountain of spam that had accumulated, also updating pages, adding
one or two new ones, and making crappy little stopgap pages where there
hadn't been any actual content before :P

 The Wiki spam situation now, is there's most likely still some more hidden
away here and there, but I'd guess I'd got rid of about 95% or more of it.
It seems to be more manageable now, so if anyone else wanted to either
write stuff or help remove the spam, they'd probably find it a LOT easier
now. FWIW.

 Unfortunately, since I started I haven't seen any more of the various
anonymous users who'd removed spam before me, so it started to get a bit
like an echo chamber or something. There doesn't seem much left for me to
do there either, apart from keeping it clean. I have no intention of
writing the whole damn thing, even if it might look like it ATM!!

 So here I am eventually getting around to poking the list to see if I can
find out what's happening. If for instance I maybe end up doing a little
coding or such, it'd be nice to know beforehand exactly *how much* of a
waste of my time it'd be- I mean it'd be kinda *nice* to at least get a bit
of help with it, but for all I know maybe there isn't even anyone who'd
*try* any new code or use any support work I worked on, and nobody is
interested any more? I *do* have quite a few other things to do...

(If I do submit any work on Palito, it might not be code, although I had a
go at fixing some minor annoyances so far; I've also had a bit of a try at
documenting the code, but mostly just for the older, smaller versions where
it seemed a bit easier to get my head around)

 So then, who's still out there? Not just former/future coders, I mean
*anyone* still reading. Not that I'm promising anything if people *are*
still there, or vice-versa, but you know what I mean.

-Tomble
--
Signature? I have no need of signatures