pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] RFC: Detecting multiparts (was: .94 weirdness with detec

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] RFC: Detecting multiparts (was: .94 weirdness with detecting attachments)
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 16:34:28 +0200

Duncan wrote:

> [...] Charles Kerr posted as excerpted below:
> [...]
> >  * likely_binary_subject is true if the Subject: header contains
> >    any of: "jpeg" "jpg" "gif" "tiff" "png", false otherwise
>
> Add "mpeg" and other video extensions,

mpg, avi, divx, mov, qt, wmv, asf, rm, ...

> "mp3" and other audio extensions,

ogg, wav, wma, mpa, mp2, mid, midi, ra, rma, ..

> "zip", "sit", and friends, and "iso".  [...]

tar, tgz, gz, bz2, rar, par, img, rpm, deb

And then there are office-related extensions, like pdf, ps, doc, dot,
xls, ppt, xml.  They're probably more widely used in email than on
usenet, but we should be prepared for them.