pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Building Pan from CVS...having problems with autoconf...

From: Bill Cunningham
Subject: [Pan-devel] Building Pan from CVS...having problems with autoconf...
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 08:19:30 -0700

Hello,

I downloaded pan, gnome-core, glib, and autoconf from various sources. Autoconf is version 2.57 straight from gnu.org. When I run autogen.sh I
get the following:

Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
***Error***: some autoconf macros required to build Pan
  were not found in your aclocal path, or some forbidden
  macros were found.  Perhaps you need to adjust your
  ACLOCAL_PATH?

I can find the ACLOCAL_PATH in the docs anywhere for autoconf.

Any ideas?

- Bill

PS I build and installed autoconf from the tar ball. I removed all versions of autoconf in the the rpm database. I'm using Mandrake 9.1