pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Patch to restore "Followup and Reply" and "Go/Top of Thr

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Patch to restore "Followup and Reply" and "Go/Top of Thread"
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 22:00:14 +0200

Charles Kerr wrote:

> [...] I wish you wouldn't apply your patches to the Mandake RPMs.
> That's what happened with the whole GNet mess.

Sorry to say so, but I'm not interested in making a set of RPMs I won't
use in any case.

As far as I can see, and unlike the "GNet mess", these small patches
don't involve any extra library prerequisites, only functions that
Pan is using anyway.

And I won't come here and complain when my patches don't work anymore.
;-)

As for this particular patch, there are just a few additional lines
that doesn't really matter for the size and complexity of Pan, so I
don't really see a compelling reason to remove those features.

Pan is a powerful GUI newsreader, so I find it more natural to compare
its features to e.g. Gravity or Agent, rather than simple "newbie"
readers like Knode, Mozilla or Outlook Express, even though many Linux
newbies also use Pan.

Having said this, I also need to emphasise that I appreciate the time
and effort you're putting into Pan.  :-)

I also understand that recently you've been busy ironing out the bugs
before releasing 0.14.1, so I certainly see why you have to give
low priority to enhancements.