pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Update pan web site ?

From: Petr Kovar
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Update pan web site ?
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 18:34:31 +0100

On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:21:54 +0200
Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont-GANU6spQydw@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Thursday, 23 September 2021 22:23:38 CEST Jack via Discussions of Pan
> source code hacking. wrote:
> > When I looked at the site a few weeks ago, I
> > thought I saw a footer showing that the version of nginx being used was
> > not very recent.  I can't find it at all now, but it would be good to
> > know the software running the site is being kept up to date.
>
> Http headers show:
>
> Server: nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)
>
> which was released in August 2018

Yeah this is a known issue, but note the server has been run by Chris
Lambin, one of the original Pan authors, for the past few decades and I
don't really have root access to it.

It only serves plain HTML though. Content updates are always welcome. I
keep the GitHub mirror here for those interested:

https://github.com/pmkovar/pan-website

Cheers,
pk