pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New maintainer

From: Petr Kovar
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New maintainer
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 01:02:02 +0200

On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 12:37:00 +0200
Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont-GANU6spQydw@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Looks like you were faster than me with this announce...
>
> On Wednesday, 11 August 2021 09:08:54 CEST Duncan wrote:
> > The *.doap file is an XML-based maintainer listing.  Given the email
> > @debian, presumably that's pan's Debian maintainer, now upstream
> > maintainer as well.
>
> Indeed, I am Pan maintainer for Debian, but I should not use my Debian
> address
> for upstream pan ;-)
>
> > So we appear to actually have an upstream maintainer again now. =:^)
>
> Indeed. On the other hand, I've not seriously programmed in C++ for 25 years
> and I currently don't have much available time (if at all until September).
> So
> don't expect a revolution. But I will review and merge MR provided I can
> understand them. I'll also cut a release from time to time.

Hi, I've been mostly away since 2020 due to what happened worldwide earlier
that year but now I've noticed there's a new release up keeping the Pan
project alive.

Huge thanks to Dominique for stepping up to maintain the project! Great to
see one of the oldest GTK apps out there (considering the pre-rewrite code)
still producing releases.

Also, sorry for lack of responsiveness these past two years.

Best,
pk