pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan doesn't obey spaces?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan doesn't obey spaces?
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 11:54:40 -0000 (UTC)

Kinji Kameda via Pan-users posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2022 14:52:27 +0300
(EEST) as excerpted:

> On Thu, 25 Aug 2022, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
>> It's not just spaces, it is all characters.
>>
>> You need to set Pan to use a monospaced or non-proportional font [...]
>>
>> Go to the Edit menu, Edit Preferences, and click on the Font tab.
>
> Ah. Migrating from CLI client into a GUI makes a jack a dull boy :) All
> the fonts and such ...
>
> Monospace regular works!

Also note that (once a monospace font is setup under fonts as above),
proportional/monospace body pane view is an easy toggle: view menu, body
pane, use monospace fonts.

If you have a hotkey set to toggle that (my hotkeys are customized and I
long ago forgot the defaults, "c" here) it's an easy toggle, perhaps /too/
easy as it occasionally confuses people who hit it accidentally and don't
know what to undo.