[Paparazzi-devel] Re: My Hello to the Development list.

From: antoine . drouin
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: My Hello to the Development list.
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:17:54 +0200

Hi

Selon Pardeep Athwal <address@hidden>:

> I think that firstly I should order the STK500
> development board from digikey.com,

I don't think this is necesary. We have a paralel port flasher in the CVS.

> I was also
> wondering how I can get the circuit board for the
> papparazi UAV.  You mentioned Eurocircuits but I
> wasn't sure where that was located, I imagine in
> Europe :)

Eurocircuits (http://www.eurocircuits.com/home/eurocircuits.aspx) is in europe,
but any PCB maker who accepts gerber as input file will do.

> 3) I have viewed most of the code in the CVS directory
> and I may suggest that we should provide some
> documentation either in the code or in a readme file
> that describes the code.  Preferabbly both, I have
> found it difficult to follow along and figure out what
> code to burn onto the Atmega8 and what is for the
> Atmega128.

We will write READMEs asap. I'm sorry, the code is quite new and we
haven't had time to do it yet.

The code for the mega8 is in sw/airborne/flybywire
The code for the mega128 is in sw/airborne/autopilot

> 4) I would like it if at somepoint we were to break up
> the ciruit board so a user may wish to use a 900Mhz or
> 2.4Ghz modem instead of a X10 modem as it is now used.
>  I have some experience with GPRS via Bluetooth or
> Serial cable and a user may use that when the 900Mhz
> modem is out of range.

We are thinking about it for next version.
For now, you can use whatever transmitter you want, provided it accepts line
input.

> 5) Will we be using inertial navigation or is the FMA
> autopilot still used, if so which model should i buy?
> Or is any model okay?.  I have reviewed the "lls.h"
> "infrared.h", so I am assuming FMA.

The FMA autopilot is not used anymore since a very long time.
We use an infared sensor that is similiar to the FMA one, but that is where the
similarity ends.

About using inertial: I want to work on that later.
For now I want to "finish" this project.

> Antoine, those above are only suggestions, the project
> team has done a wonderful job with the UAV so far and
> they were not meant as critisism.  I guess I'm not
> familiar with the current roadmap and therefore I have
> these questions. By the way, what part of france is
> the project located?
>
> thank you,
> Pardeep.

South west of France. If you come there, we'll be glad to make a fly for you.

Antoine