Re: [Paparazzi-devel] HW

From: nisma
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] HW
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:36:20 +0200 (MEST)

Hi to all,

I plann to implement a SW modem using a cheap pic processor.
I have the code for the encoding part using pic processors.

This is intended for the downlink and at the same time, this should encode/
decode the lower speed uplink. On the UAV board, this MCU should replace
the HW modem chip. The MCU is cheaper and the speed is greater plus gives
some enhanchements. Details later.
> station ?
> > >
> > > today we use rtty and a soundcard but we also have a board with a
> modem
> > > and a mcu for soudncard-less operations :)
> > What do you want, the code for soundcard (not rtty, it´s too slow)
> including
> > ppm generation using the soundcard, or a dedicated MCU handling this.
> >

> I don't care. I think we can propose both - soundcard for people having
> one
> (it's cheaper) and mcu for people who don't (what about using an ipaq as
> base
> station :))

Pleas decide, what interface you want for the base station.
I don't see the reason for implementing both.
The soundcard solution need FFT to overcome the low sample rate.
The MCU solution must be coded differently, precisly two SW PLL and some
gaussian filters. Ipaq have sound output connectors.

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl