[Paparazzi-devel] gumstix daughter board

From: Achim Walther
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] gumstix daughter board
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 00:22:47 +0200

Hello everybody,

I just subscribed to the list so let me introduce myself in short.

My name is Achim Walther. I am living in Darmstadt / Germany. Some of you might know me from the Autopilot list. I try to build my own UAV based on a u-blox SAM-LS, gumstix SBC, Rotomotion IMU and several other components. The progress of the project is documented on my home page at http://www.voidpointer.de/flobo/flobo1_en.html. However time is short and I'm afraid it will be too much work for a single person.

Since I read on the paparazzi home page you guys want to use the gumstix platform for the next version I just wanted to point out that you need to shield it well. If an unshielded gumstix is operated close to the GPS antenna the GPS will drop out. I am using a copper box on my adaptor board to shield the gumstix. But surely Gordon already knows about this issue. Do you have experience with EMI effects on the GPS?

I haven't done much programming on the gumstix yet so I look forward to what is done here. I sure have some more questions later.

Regards, Achim.