Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Fwd: Needed components/boards

From: nisma
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Fwd: Needed components/boards
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:27:11 +0200 (MEST)

I can sell this cost effective OEM module at 4800 baud.
Currently i have 5 units in magazine.
I can add a 2axis inclinometer (MEMSIC) with I2C interface (+13 Euro).
If you want using the paparazzi codebase, i suggest you to
go with the two times more expensive ublox module (4HZ update rate +
full propietary protocol) that includes a passive patch antenna.
You can order it directly from Ublox site.
I don't have spare gps module (23x23mm) with kalman filtering and helix
antenna (sarantel), that i use on the full mounted module (45x45x18mm).
Try to get a sample from MEMSIC for there I2C 2axis accelerometer, it's
in a llc case and you can connect it directly to the i2c bus + supply
without needing external components or a dedicated pbc.
For all this possibility, you must be able to solder pins with 1.27 grid
spacing.

Below you find the tecnical data.

OEM GPS Receiver Module

General: L1 frequency, C/A code (SPS) 12 independent tracking channels
         Separate search and acquisition engine 1PPS output
I/O ports: One asynchronous data port 8-pin interface connector
           Valid fix indicator output
Update rate: 1 fix/s
Accuracy:
      Position: 3m (CEP), 6m 2dRMS
      Time:     50ns RMS
      Velocity: 0.1 m/s
Protocol: NMEA 0183
          SONY ASCII
TTFF:
      Cold Start: 38s
      Warm Start: 32s
      Hot start: 8s
Dimensions: 28mm x 28mm x 7mm
Weight: 10g
      Tracking:             -152dBm
      Navigation:           -150dBm
Operating voltage:
      3.3V..5.5V (main supply)
      3.3V..5.5V (battery backup supply)
Operating temperature: -40C..+85C
Power Drain (3.3V):
      Acquisition: 76mA
      Navigation: 44mA
      Battery backup 150uA
Antenna: Internal passive patch
      tuned at 1578MHz
Chipset: CXA3355 / CXD2956 SONY
Default NMEA messages:
      4800: GGA,GSA,GSV,RMC
      9600: GGA,GSA,GSV,VTG,ZDA,PSGSA

Pin Signal Name In/Out Description (connector: 10 pin 1.27mm spacing).

1 VDD Power +3.3V…+5.5V Main power supply
2 TXD0 Out UART Port 0, Transmit Data, RS232 or CMOS level
3 RXD0 In UART Port 0, Receive Data, RS232 or CMOS level
4 GND Ground Power and Signal ground
5 XRESET In Not connected, Reserved for future use
6 VBAT Power +3.3V…+5.5V Battery Backup Power supply
7 1PPS Out 1 Pulse Per Second Output, CMOS level
8 GPIO9 Out Satellite Fix indicator output, CMOS level

Cmos level is 3V and 4mA .
Plastic holder available. 33x33mm and 3.5mm clearance from pbc to holder
using 6 holes (snap-in mount) on the pbc.