Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help for compiling the ground segment

From: pascal . brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help for compiling the ground segment
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:36:01 +0200

Hi Martial,

Quoting Martial Chateauvieux <address@hidden>:

>       Hy guys,
>
>       After a while I finally decided to move my laptop to a debian
> installation.
> think I've got most of it working now. But I still have a couple of problems.
>
>       1. The dia packages is not required in the paparazzi package, can you
> fix
> that ?

 I've just added the dia-gnome package as a recomended pacakge.

>       2. The latex package is also missing. I installed the latex package,
> but I
> still get an error message "a4wide.sty missing" when compiling the doc. Did I
> miss something ?

 It's in tetex-extra package (also added in recommended)

>       3. After setting PAPARAZZI_HOME and PERL5LIB (PERL5LIB is not mentioned
> in
> the doc) I ran

 Setting PERL5LIB is usually not required.

 As a newcommer, you may jump directly to the paparazzi3: it is an alpha version
but it improves every day !
 In a Debian sarge distribution including the paparazzi package, you should be
able to run a simulation with two aircraft typing only 5 commands:

export CVS_RSH="ssh"
cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/paparazzi co paparazzi3
cd paparazzi3
make
make test

And run session "Sim address@hidden"

A "make install" should be available soon !

--Pascal