[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Two hour endurance paparazzi with Twinstar II plat

From: Antoine
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Two hour endurance paparazzi with Twinstar II platform
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:12:55 +0200

Hi Dimitris

I have 3s 8000 mah ( actually 3S2P 10C 4000mah) and a pair of slowfly brushless ( from stout-aero, http://perso.orange.fr/f.meunier/moteurs/Shock_Torque.htm ). I am not at all an expert in electric propulsion and this setup is probably far from optimal. Another thing is that the endurance depends alot on airspeed - the lower the better on this aircraft. I think the autopilot make a better job than the manual pilot in getting a long endurance

A+

Poine

Dimitris Sagiotis wrote:

Dear Antoine

I watch with a lot of interest paparazzi.

Last week I received your following answer to Cristian.

“> c. - Two hour endurance.

Again, depends on your airframe choice - The 200-300g airframes are more

in the range of 30 minutes endurance - The 1.5kg twinstar with lipos and

brushless can do 2 hours.

Combustion engine will allow even more, but have other drawbacks.”

I have a Twinstar II and I would like to have two hour endurance.

Can you suggest me appropriate brushless motors and lipo?

Dimitris Sagiotis

80 Ionias STR. Alimos

Athens Greece

address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>