RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Eagle

From: Roman Krashanitsa
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Eagle
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:19:23 -0700

Great guide, thanks!

Roman Krashanitsa

________________________________

        From: address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden On Behalf
Of Matthew Currie
        Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 1:08 AM
        To: Paparazzi Devel
        Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Eagle

        Group,

          I have spent the evening learning Eagle.  I can now say with
confidence that I am a converted Protel user at this point.  I am quite
impressed with the level of detail you guys have done in the libraries and
schematics and am getting a bit excited about the power of all of this.  I
will detail my setup in the hopes of passing info forward if it has not
already been said.  I normally operate in a Windows XP environment but the
amount of linking, the CVS, etc. makes the environment productive.

          I downloaded the latest copy of Eagle (4.16R2 in this case) and
extracted it to /usr/share/eagle-lin-eng-4.16r2/ and then created a symbolic
link at /usr/share/eagle/  this allows you to work with multiple versions of
the program and you will not break any links pointed to /usr/share/eagle by
updating.  The command to create this link is

        # ln -s /usr/share/eagle-lin-eng-416r2/ /usr/share/eagle

          I could then create a basic "launcher" or shortcut on the desktop
to point to:

        /usr/share/eagle/bin/eagle

          I also realized that I wanted to include the CVS paparazzi
libraries but I did not want to copy them as they would grow stale and not
be included in CVS updates so I employed another handy symbolic link.

        # ln -s /home/mcurrie/paparazzi3/hw/lbr/
/usr/share/eagle/lbr/paparazzi

          Paparazzi "CVS" libaries now show up inside a subfolder called
paparazzi in the library list of Eagle.

          I hope this helps someone and again, there is some great work done
already for us!

        Cheers,
        Matthew Currie