[Paparazzi-devel] Request for a sticky

From: Project Titan
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Request for a sticky
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:36:20 -0400

I don't know if you guys are tired of explaining this, but I imagine it's an issue for a lot of people.  This is good if you don't want to risk messing up your computer with a dual boot:

Guide to run Linux like any other program in windows:

1.  Download and install the VMWare Player
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/beginners-guide-run-linux-like-any-other-program-in-windows.html
2.  Download and install bitTorrent.
http://www.bittorrent.com/download
3.  Download a VMWare Image, in this case Debian (In most cases you'll get it through bitTorrent)
http://www.thoughtpolice.co.uk/vmware/
4.  Run the VMWare Player and when it browses for an image, select the Debian image that you downloaded from bitTorrent.

That should get you started.  Configuring it to recognize drives and getting it set up so you can start programming is something that I still need to do...