Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Simulation and Flight Plan Testing

From: pascal . brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Simulation and Flight Plan Testing
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:56:23 +0200

Hi John,

Selon John Koches <address@hidden>:
[...]
> My question for today is how do I test my new flight plan using the
> simulation utility.  I was thinking of ways I could fool the system, but I
> thought that maybe you might have an answer.

 I'm not sure about waht you mean by "fool the system" :-)
 So you wrote a flight plan my_fp.xml for your myplane.xml. You've added an
entry in conf.xml named "MyPlane" with attribute airframe equal to
"airframes/myplane.xml" and attribute flight_plan equal to
"flight_plans/my_fp.xml".
 "make AIRCRAFT=MyPlane sim" went right.
 You also edited control_panel.xml and added a session "MySession" (sorry about
these stupid IDs) with the appropriate simulator:
In this session, you kept at least the "server" and the "gcs"
 You ran sw/supervision/paparazzi.pl (or "make demo") and selected the
"MySession" entry from the menu.
 What went wrong ?

> I am a little fussy about how
> to actually test the hardware using the simulation utility.

 Another story ...

--Pascal