Re: [Paparazzi-devel] differences between tiny v0.99 and v1.1

From: martin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] differences between tiny v0.99 and v1.1
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:35:20 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Simon,

> I have question for you guys, what are majors differences between the
tiny
> 0.99 and the v1.1. I know the make file section of the aircraft conf
file
> are not exactly the same.

You can take a look at the Eagle schematics - the boards are very
similiar. There is no difference in the core functionality. The 1.1
does have a MOSFET switch to turn on video tx or LEDs whereas the 0.99
does have a filter in the DAC output to use the audio as a software
modem. Which is outdated by digital modems.

> I am currently using the v0.99, and I am about to build new tinys. I
want to
> know if i am better to stay with the v0.99 and have only one conf file
per
> aircraft, or switch to v1.1 because of majors updates

You will have a new aircraft file for a new aircraft - so no problem to
change the include file for another board.

It seems most of the teams are using the 1.1 today.

Martin