RE: [Paparazzi-devel] USB device not found

From: martin
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] USB device not found
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:37:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Alistair,

> I've got a problem when uploading my AIRCRAFT
> files in a make [AIRCRAFT] load. The error that pops
> up is that USB device not detected.

Can you give an exact output (maybe last 10 lines) of the error?

> I have run a test using lusb and it detects a USB
> connection and I have installed the Bootloader and
> that was successful.

Did you do lsusb, did it give something like

mymachine:~ # lsusb
Bus 023 Device 042: ID 7070:1234

> My question is is why is the USB port not being
> detected when attempting to flash the autopilot
> onto the board.

Did it say "no USB device" or some other error? Sometimes access rights
are an issue, use the files in conf/system.

> Do you have to install the UART channels first? Or
> have they already been installed?

The USB download does use its own proprietary protocol, there is no UART
involved.

You should get some debug info with 115200 8N1 on the serial if you
start the bootloader.

Martin