[Paparazzi-devel] USB Flashing

From: Alexis Lussier Desbiens
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] USB Flashing
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 15:04:16 -0700

Hey everyone...

I was able to load the USB-Bootloader on the Classix (from Ubunty
7.04). Now I am trying to load the code using USB...

So if I am using:
  make AIRCRAFT=TJ1 ap.upload FLASH_MODE=IAP
I get:
  no USB device
  make[1]: *** [upload] Error 1
  make: *** [ap.upload] Error 2

Using:
  sudo make AIRCRAFT=TJ1 ap.upload FLASH_MODE=IAP
I get
  Found USB device
  BootROM code: 2.12
  Part ID: 0x0402FF25 (LPC2148, 512k Flash, 32k+8k RAM)
  BootLoader version: 1.3
  #######################
  Starting software at 0x00004000
  USB error: Broken pipe
  go failed at 0x00004000
  make[1]: *** [upload] Error 1
  make: *** [ap.upload] Error 2
And one LED (the one closest to the audio connector, in the corner)
slowly blinking. Sometime the led are still blinking after a reset
(without the USB cable connected) but sometime they are not...

So I got two question:
1. Should I be running this thing as root all the time (I am a member
of the group dialout as pointed out yesterday by Pascal)?
2. Should I worry about the "USB error: Broken pipe, go failed at
0x00004000"? Do you think it could be a bad contact in my cables? Is
there any way to verify that the code as been properly downloaded?

Thanks!

     Alexis

--
http://mecano.gme.usherb.ca/~alussierdesbiens