AW: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS precision

From: Ethan Arnold
Subject: AW: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS precision
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 22:41:09 +0200

Yes, but DGPS with that processing is much more complicated and expensive
than the experiment I originally proposed. We know that will work, even down
to a few centimeters (!!) accuracy. I however am aiming for something much
cheaper, even if with restrictions.

Assuming the ground receiver is on a big open field, I think the probability
that the airborne vehicle will see more satellites is rather small (if
within a few 100m range of the ground station). And if it does, one could
detect that from the GPS receiver status and be warned.

Regards,
Ethan