Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GEO_INIT blocs

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GEO_INIT blocs
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 07:50:32 +0200

Simon Jobin wrote:

Question for those who are used to versatile.xml flight plan. I plan to use it
on next test flight but there is something I want to verify before about
init_geo bloc. What happen if  the ap restart in flight
Excellent question ! Nothing in the design is ready for an in flight reboot. For example if you are using a maxstream modem in API mode (required to fly several aircraft in the same time), you will start with a 2.5s delay, something probably too long to keep your plane in flight without any command ...

when the geo_ref is get with geo init bloc. I am scared that all the wp will be translated according to the geo_ref written in flight plan XML.
Yes, the navigation reference would be reseted to the one in the header of the flight plan (next to Toulouse, France, if you did not change it), waiting for the GPS to come back. Moreover the versatile.xml flight plan starts by setting the kill_mode variable which switches off the throttle (in AUTO2)

Is there something planed to override this.
No. An eeprom could help to save the current state of the ap ...

--Pascal
Simon Jobin (VAMUdeS)