Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Code cleaning

From: gwen hastings
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Code cleaning
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:47:59 -0700

Hi poine ,
after lightly diving into the snakepit that is infrared.c at present I am all for a code cleanup.. Jason?? how do you feel, of course its been very educational :) course thats just rank novice me saying this from mostly ignorance, others certainly will have more astute opinions :)
      gwen

address@hidden wrote:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen

Looking at the code and especialy the infrared.c file, it appears that over the
years, we have accumulated some not so used features.
For example, we have 4 differents ways of dealing with infared measurements
 -without vertical sensor using ground calibration
 -without vertical sensor using the famous LLS filter
 -with vertical sensor using a linear function
 -with vertical sensor using the IR360 method ( atan2 )

This leads to 340 lines of not so easy to read code and dozains of not so easy
to understand parameters. What about removing all that and leaving only the
IR360 method which seems the most efficient ?

If anybody has a strong oposition to this, please let us know

Poine