[Paparazzi-devel] Re: auto pilot

From: pascal . brisset
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: auto pilot
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 21:38:49 +0100

Hi Amiri,

excellent question. It obviously depends on your skills !
The main difficulty is the board since it is not available off the shelf: you
have to assemble it. It will take at least one month to get all the parts. Count
2 full days to assemble the board and start to test it. One more week to build
the infrared sensors and put all the cables in your plane. Count one week to
install a linux box and get used to the paparazzi environment.
 So I would say:
 - 1 week full time to order all the parts
 - probably one month of delay to get these parts
 - 1 month full time to build everything and test it

Of course you need skills in computers and electronics.

Have fun

--Pascal