[Paparazzi-devel] Antenna for 868MHz

From: Steve Joyce
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Antenna for 868MHz
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:48:58 +0100

Greetings,

I'm just getting started with paparazzi, and working with the data link.  I have some Aerocomm AC4868-250 modules and was wondering if anyone has some advice about antennas.  The usual 1/2 wave dipole is a little clumsy for the airborne side.  An off-the-shelf plug-in unit is preferred, but I am also interested in home-brewed copper foil type solutions (I saw some examples on the wiki).  For now I am happy witha reliable link within visual range, but I know the Aerocomm is capable of much more.

Also it is safe to power this module from the 3.3v line on the tiny13?  Any other tips on module setup would be appreciated.

/Steve