Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny v2

From: Uttam Chandrashekhar
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny v2
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:17:40 -0800 (PST)

Guys, I have more problems. Now that the Tiny board is working, the IR boards are not! Looks like they are all out to trouble me before it starts working :(

I thought it would be just as easy as changing the resistors on the stock FMA direct sensor board and powering it up. As suggested in the wiki, I changed 2 of the resistors values for a gain of 800. I checked input and output for any possible shorts, and all was good, it indicated around 1.2K ohms. When I powered up the dual axis sensor board, it initially worked on only one axis, as Michel and the wiki indicate, I got 1.65V. But the other axis indicated some mili volts. So I powered off and powered back on and current went up to 140ma at 3.3V and the output changed from 1.65 to 2.2V or so. The 1.2K across supply ground on the sensor board now shows some 23 ohms or so. I removed the AD8552 and sure enough there was a 23ohm short across supply ground of the opamp. I was very careful, it was just a small matter of changing 2 resistors!

I then tried the Z axis FMA sensor, changed the resistor and powered up, and it immediately hit 30ma, and it now shows a 150ish ohm short. Before powering the board, resistance across supply ground was 1.2K.

The power supply we have is not grounded, could this cause any problems? What could be happening?

-Thanks,
Uttam

-